Passionate people for sustainable software
Quentic is one of the leading solution providers of Software as a Service in the European EHSQ and EGS market. The company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and employs more than 250 people. Branch offices are located in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Spain and Italy.
70 of them work in our Development Center in the departments Software Development, Software Testing, UX Design and Technical Editing.
You will join one of two backend teams primarily focused on the further development of the Quentic platform API and work closely with four developers, a product owner, a manual tester and an Agile coach following the Scrum methodology.
- Story-based development in our API and Persistence team
- Work in a Symfony 5 and Doctrine 2 stack
- Contribute to the modernization of persistence concepts
- Focus on test automation across the pyramid using PHPUnit and Postman
- Pairing with team colleagues for development internal API clients for integration of our services (Connect, Mobile & Frontend)
- Usage of agile approaches as well as state-of-the-art technologies in a high-performance development environment (PhpStorm, 3 monitors, dedicated server with root rights, ansible-supported deployment)
- Work in a fixed Scrum team with coaches and common formats
- Flexibility in work organization (home office and currently no core working hours with trust working hours)
- Structured remote training phase, creative freedom and development opportunities
- Flat hierarchies with open doors in a relaxed but professional working atmosphere
- Regular team events and a special focus on work-life balance (flexible working hours, workplace massage, gym membership, parent-child room and much more)
- IT-related studies or comparable training
- Several years of experience in object-oriented software development with PHP
- Good knowledge of Symfony 5, Doctrine 2 and test-driven development
- Understanding of clean code principles, agile processes and iterative work
- Knowledge of database engines and/or search technologies (e.g. MySQL, Elasticsearch)
- Good English and/or German language skills
- Attention to detail, ability to work in a team and goal orientation characterize you
If you want to make the world a little bit safer and know more about environmental protection, occupational safety and sustainability, we are the right place for you! Find out who we are and how we work on YouTube and jobs.quentic.com